- Vellai Milagu Samba (Raw Rice): Highly Suitable for South Indian Ven Pongal and also as Table Rice. Mineral rich variety and very high in iron and zinc content. Potassium 460 mg per kg.
- Cooking Instructions: South indian traditional rice variety used for making south indian dish ven pongal. Also can be used as a table rice. The ratio of rice to water is 1:2.5 and number of pressure cooker whistles can be 4. Note : The instructions given above are for cooking in pressure cooker and not in an electric rice cooker (water quantity should be increased if it is in rice cooker).
- Full whistles in a pressure cooker (in high flame) and switch offimmediately after that. The cooking whistles are for those who prefer the grains to be separate and not mushy. If you need it to be mushy increase it to 2 more whistles.
- Coarse texture of rice implies – the grains are well cooked but the outer layer is still visible and that makes it coarse. Fine texture of rice implies – the grains are well cooked, but the outer layer is delicate enough in such way it goes unnoticed (like a Ponni rice).
- Note: Hygienically Vacuum packed rice for freshness meeting food safety standards.
Vellai Milagu Samba Raw Rice - வெள்ளை மிளகு சம்பா (பச்சரிசி)