- Navara (Raw) : Traditional variety of kerela extensively used by Ayurvedic physicians for various treatments. Provides immunity against respiratory disorders and a great weaning food for children.
- Cooking Instructions: An easily digestable red rice variety. Can be used both as boiled and raw rice. The ratio of rice to water is 1 : 2.5. Number of pressure cooker whistles can be 4. Can be made into tasty porridge also. Soak for 3 hrs before cooking.
- Note: The instructions given above are for cooking in pressure cooker and not in an electric rice cooker (water quantity should be increased if it is in rice cooker). Full whistles in a pressure cooker (in high flame) and switch offimmediately after that. The cooking whistles are for those who prefer the grains to be separate and not mushy.
- If you need it to be mushy increase it to 2 more whistles. Coarse texture of rice implies – the grains are well cooked but the outer layer is still visible and that makes it coarse. Fine texture of rice implies – the grains are well cooked, but the outer layer is delicate enough in such way it goes unnoticed (like a Ponni rice).
- Vacuum packed rice for freshness. Used in Ayurvedic treatments.Provides immunity against respiratory disorders.
Navara Raw Rice - நவரா (பச்சரிசி)