This is a Vegetarian product.
- Mappillai Samba (Boiled) Provides stamina, rich in fibre and iron content. Enhances digestive capacity and helps cure mouth ulcers.
- Cooking Instructions: This can be used as table rice. Consumed as boiled rice. The ratio of rice to water is 1 : 3 and the number of whistles can be 4. The texture is fine. Can be mixed with Aval (Flattened rice) and delicious Aval Aappams can be made. Soak for 3 hrs before cooking.
- Note: The instructions given above are for cooking in a pressure cooker and not in an electric rice cooker (water quantity should be increased if it is in the rice cooker). Full whistles in a pressure cooker (in high flame) and switch off immediately after that. The cooking whistles are for those who prefer the grains to be separate and not mushy. If you need it to be mushy increase it to 2 more whistles.
- The coarse texture of rice implies – the grains are well cooked but the outer layer is still visible and that makes it coarse. The fine texture of rice implies – the grains are well cooked, but the outer layer is delicate enough in such way it goes unnoticed (like a Ponni rice)
- Vacuum packed rice for freshness. Rich in fibre and iron, thus enhancing digestion and stamina
Mappillai Samba (Boiled Rice) - மாப்பிள்ளை சம்பா (புழுங்கலரிசி)