This is a Vegetarian product.
- Kuzhiadichan (Boiled) A rice variety rich in polyphenols and antioxidants. Preferred variety for pregnant and lactating mothers according to folk wisdom.
- Cooking Instructions: A good table variety for boiled rice lovers. The ratio of rice to water is 1 : 2.5 and number of whistles can be 4. The texture is coarse. It has an earthy aroma. Provides a very good taste for Sakkarai Pongal (Sweet Pongal) and the Poondu (Garlic)Kanji (Chettinad dish). Soak for 3 hrs before cooking.
- Note: The instructions given above are for cooking in pressure cooker and not in an electric rice cooker (water quantity should be increased if it is in rice cooker). Full whistles in a pressure cooker (in high flame) and switch offimmediately after that. The cooking whistles are for those who prefer the grains to be separate and not mushy. If you need it to be mushy increase it to 2 more whistles.
- The coarse texture of rice implies – the grains are well cooked but the outer layer is still visible and that makes it coarse. Fine texture of rice implies – the grains are well cooked, but the outer layer is delicate enough in such way it goes unnoticed (like a Ponni rice)
- Vacuum packed for freshness. A rice variety rich in polyphenols and antioxidants. Preferred variety for pregnant and lactating mothers.
Kuzhiadichan (Boiled Rice) - குழியடிச்சான் (புழுங்கலரிசி)