This is a Vegetarian product.
- Karunkuruvai (Boiled) A traditional Vaidya’s delight since it is used for the treatment of various diseases. Excellent variety for the preparation of various South Indian dishes. It’s high iron content and low glycemic index makes it a suitable variety for people with diabetes.
- Cooking Instructions: A good table variety with an earthy aroma. Normally, consumed as boiled rice. The ratio of rice to water is 1: 2.5. A number of pressure cooker whistles can be 4. Goes well with Sambar and Rasam. Can be used for Aappam preparation. Soak for 3 hrs before cooking.
- Note: The instructions given above are for cooking in the pressure cooker and not in an electric rice cooker (water quantity should be increased if it is in the rice cooker). Full whistles in a pressure cooker (in high flame) and switch off immediately after that. The cooking whistles are for those who prefer the grains to be separate and not mushy. If you need it to be mushy increase it to 2 more whistles.
- The coarse texture of rice implies – the grains are well cooked but the outer layer is still visible and that makes it coarse. Fine texture of rice implies – the grains are well cooked, but the outer layer is delicate enough in such way it goes unnoticed (like a Ponni rice)
- Vacuum packed rice for freshness. A Siddha practitioners delight, used for treatment of various illnesses.
KarunKuruvai (Boiled Rice) - கருங்குறுவை (புழுங்கலரிசி)