This is a Vegetarian product.
- Muttakaar ( Boiled ): A rice suitable for preparing South Indian delicacies like idli and dosa. Cooking Instructions: A red rice variety. Can be used boiled rice. The ratio of rice to water is 1: 2.5. The number of pressure cooker whistles can be 4. Can be made into tasty porridge also.
- Soak for 3 hrs before cooking. Note: The instructions given above are for cooking in a pressure cooker and not in an electric rice cooker (water quantity should be increased if it is in the rice cooker). Full whistles in a pressure cooker (in high flame) and switch offimmediately after that.
- The cooking whistles are for those who prefer the grains to be separate and not mushy. If you need it to be mushy increase it to 2 more whistles. The coarse texture of rice implies – the grains are well cooked but the outer layer is still visible and that makes it coarse. Fine texture of rice implies – the grains are well cooked, but the outer layer is delicate enough in such way it goes unnoticed (like a Ponni rice)
- Vacuum packed rice for freshness. A rice was suitable for preparing South Indian delicacies like idli and dosa.
- (1 kg, Pack of 2) = 500 gm pack * 2 qty.